who we are
The Education Foundation of the Summit is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, FEIN 27-2235994, with an all-volunteer group of parents and community members committed to supporting the public school students and teachers in the Summit School District.
We raise money, donate time, and recruit community volunteers. The funds we raise go directly to support excellence and innovation in public school programs—creativity, STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math), and innovative classroom technology.
Through collaboration with individuals and businesses in Summit County, Colorado, the Education Foundation is making a real difference in the lives of our children.
Education Foundation of the Summit is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that supports innovation and creativity in the public schools in Summit School District. We raise money, donate time, and recruit community volunteers.
Brad Piehl and one of the six recipients of this year's
Education Foundation scholarship, an iPad mini.
Golf FORE Education
Golf FORE Education!
Monday, September 8, 2014 - Registration begins at 10am.
The event will include lunch, door prizes, and a silent auction at the fabulous
Keystone Ranch Golf Club
The Education Foundation of the Summit works in partnership with community businesses and foundations to raise funds to support innovative learning and excellence for the Summit School District. The state of Colorado currently falls 49th in the nation for spending per student based on household income, and the education of our children is one of the best investments we can make. In our short history we have provided over $200,000 in funding to the Summit School District. Our key efforts include:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics (STEAM)
- Afterschool programs in elementary schools in partnership with 4-H and CSU
- Summer engineering camps and courses for students
- Innovation Grants to Teachers
- Innovative Teacher Grants are given to teachers for the start of the school year. These grants provide funding for materials, technology, field trips, and teacher training
- Scholarships to Students
- Scholarships of a technology tool are given to Summit High School seniors each spring
100% of funds raised will directly support these efforts.